Posts by gportal_577153

Chris M's update above got it: it's a two step process. You install the mod on your server by using the mods tab, but that doesn't activate it. You activate the installed mod by using the Mods section of your Basic Settings page. Just don't forget to click Save after you've dragged the mod to the active side.

I have four mods running on my server, and this process worked for all of them.

I just change mine through the Configuration Files tab in g-portal's UI. Works fine. You just have to keep in mind that the first line of OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints will never work because the game considers that to be the amount for leveling up to level 1 and you start already at level 1, so the engine essentially skips that line. In other words, if your game.ini looks like this:

Code
    1. [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
    2. OverridePlayerlevelEngramPoints=3.0
    3. OverridePlayerlevelEngramPoints=10
    4. OverridePlayerlevelEngramPoints=20

then what happens is that when you start a new character in the game, that first line with 3.0 points is ignored. When you hit level 2, you gain 10 skill points, when you hit level 3, you gain 20 points, and then for every level after that, you're back to the game's default amounts.

I play solo, so this is what I personally use:

Code
    1. [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
    2. OverridePlayerlevelEngramPoints=3.0
    3. OverridePlayerlevelEngramPoints=3000

That way, I have more than enough points to unlock every skill in every tree once I hit level 2, plus plenty of leftovers in case of mods.

I don't know about the 4x4 maps, but on the 2x2 maps, the power stones show up on my map when I highlight the power stones quest, but the markers are in the vanilla locations just pasted onto the 2x2 map (and are therefore obviously not the correct locations for my map). If I had to guess (and this is just a guess), I'd say that none of the maps titled "fun" have power stones or the fountain of youth. I think they're just meant as sandboxes to sail around and explore in. I'd love to be wrong about that, though, so if anybody knows better, please, say so.

I've used the v4 map but not the v3, and as far as I could tell, it looks like they shuffled the arctic zones around. I will also say that the v4 map is the first one I've tried where I saw actual merchant ships on the seas (hadn't seen them yet no matter what other maps I've tried). I'm about to try Pirates and Buccaneers, which appears to have fewer arctic zones at a glance. If I discover anything relevant, I'll post here.

So, right off the bat, there's only one start zone in P&B (a tropical one) compared to v4, which has two starting zones. I did not get to fully explore v4 before I had to wipe my server again, but I recall a lot of temperate islands, desert islands, and arctic islands. I never saw a tropical island, but there were sections of one or two islands that were tropical. In P&B, I haven't noticed any islands with high level mythological creatures yet, but I haven't gotten to sail much because the wind has been both slow and going in the wrong direction (plus it took me a while just to rebuild my brig again). I also haven't seen any merchant ships yet, but the SoD are out there (again, more sailing is needed). I can say that the start zone islands have a lot of rocks, sandbars, and shallows for your ship to get stuck on, so if you go with P&B, be careful where you drop a shipyard and where you sail.