Posts by gportal_044487

This evening, I'm having a huge issue with my points per level multiplier statistic/code sticking in the ini files on 10_A1 folder. Everything else, it's just fine. But this one specific spot, within the last couple hours...refuses to stay. Upon server start, it wipes it clean and is putting me and my crew in the negatives for engram points. Is anyone else having this problem?

I set it to this prior to booting the server up:

This is what happens upon boot up. Completely empty!

Anybody know how to change the player level cap for this? Thanks to the help of other portal users, I've been able to get everything else working swimmingly. Now I just want to make sure my players are able to reach a high enough level they can get most of what they need.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to know what's going wrong without seeing the files. If you followed the directions then it should be working correctly. If you're comfortable sending your FTP info I can look into it for you. Send me a private conversation though about it if you are. If not, then that's okay I'm sure they will have an option to change it in the control panel soon enough.

I've sent you an email/PM on here to see if we can't hash this out together. I greatly appreciate your willingness to help. Just let me know what info you need and how to get it to you, I'll gladly send it over. I've been able to get the stat multiplier to work just fine and where I need it, but no luck on the engram points. Once that's fixed, I think we'll be in the clear! Assuming the lvl cap for freeports was fixed at last.

It would be super helpful to be able to increase the points per level setting as well, along with how much increase on weight, health, intelligence, stamina too.

Going to keep an eye on this for that weight increase as well as the skill points per level. I've been messing with code ALL morning with no positive results yet. What works in other providers just fine, appears to cause a conflict on this one resulting in negative skill points.

MOTD issue works for just typing in a quick message for folks while i'm online. Was hoping for one that would "stick" and be up at the top upon every time someone signs in to let them know to go to the discord for rules.

I've done this as recommended by another server owner that works just fine through his provider, but when I do it...the EXACT code he has which works perfectly through his host, I get NEGATIVE skill points

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]

GlobalSpoilingTimeMultiplier=3

GlobalItemDecompositionTimeMultiplier=3

GlobalCorpseDecompositionTimeMultiplier=3

bClampHomeServerXP=false

ClampHomeServerXPLevel=300

PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps=300

bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=false

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[0]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[1]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[7]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[10]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[11]=2.5

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=3

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=4

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=5

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=6

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=7

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=8

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=200

Anyone know how/where in the INI to adjust those as indicated above in the title? I've finally gotten the harvest rates and EXP to work how I want on the main server (I'm sure it's going to be messed up once the cluster for expanded map is up) but I can't figure out how to fix the rest. Anyone also know if there's a way to remove the level 8 cap on a freeport?

I ran into this issue yesterday. When searching for your server, make sure you have "all modes" selected at the top, as well as "unofficial" in the drop down box. Type in the first part of your server name in the search bar, and be case sensitive. It should pop up. Right now the PVE setting doesn't appear to be working. So even if you have PVE enabled, it's still going to show up as PVP. This resolved my issue very quickly for me, hope it works for you.

I ran into this issue yesterday. When searching for your server, make sure you have "all modes" selected at the top, as well as "unofficial" in the drop down box. Type in the first part of your server name in the search bar, and be case sensitive. It should pop up. Right now the PVE setting doesn't appear to be working. So even if you have PVE enabled, it's still going to show up as PVP. This resolved my issue very quickly for me, hope it works for you.

I cannot get the server to go into PvE mode, no matter what i do, i don't know which config or ini file holds that setting, but the basic and extended settings aren't saving when you change them from the control panel. Any advice out there? I have copied the config folder to the server folders as per instructed and it worked on some of the settings after i changed the settings inside, but the pvp/pve thing has got me stumped

I'm trying to figure this out as well. Along with the "Message of the day" that pops up at the top so folks will be able to find the discord for my server rules. I updated the points per level and all that, but cant' find in the settings how to update it to pve.

Do you have your filezilla server? If not, https://www.g-portal.us/wiki/H…nnect_to_my_FTP_server%3F set that up.

Then it is in ShooterGame\Config\ from here, make sure all the config ,ini's are the parameters you wish them to be.

I'm just struggling with the max lxl with no discoveries atm... Other than that all settings work. :thumbsup:

I do have the filezilla server, but I dont' fully understand how it works to be honest. Just trying to wrap my head around what to edit, how to save it where it needs to be saved...