Posts by mmogaddict

Yes...

Not sure how G-Portal does it's updates, it seems to require them to update something on their servers.

I was using PingPerfect before this and they had a tool that would automatically fetch the files off steam and update the server without any problems.

Unfortunately they were clueless about almost everything else so I thought I try here.

I wanted an AU server so that ruled out Nitrado.

I'm sure G-Portal will work things out eventually, they seem to at least give a fuck which is a step up from PP.

Server Log (Again showing old version)

Well, Server still not starting.

Crash Log (Note that the version is 7.32 and not the current version)

Hey guys, don't wallow in problems here on the forums for too long. If you can't figure it out submit a ticket. I had a problem with my server doing this, where it would start then about a minute later just crash and show offline again. I did some debugging on my own as well as posting here but after a few hours I gave up and submitted a ticket. Literally within a few minutes there was a response saying it was fixed, and it was. Apparently my server had been trying to start on the wrong port for some reason.

I submitted a ticket 3 hours ago. Just waiting for them to get to it.

Welcome to the offline club.

I believe most of the support is in German (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

Currently 5am there. Not sure what their support hours are.

Hi all I have an Atlas server which is just the very very basic one gportal can supply at the moment and while it worked for half an hour now it's stop one minute after starting it up.

I have rebooted, stopped started and delete it and made a new one several time's over no response to a ticket and I'm all but ready to look for a new server host many of whom already offer 3x3 grid's of Atlas not just one that won't start.

Just be careful who you pick. I've tried both PingPerfect and now GPortal and neither are up to speed yet. Though this is only my first experience with GPortal and it's only been a few hours so far.

Honestly if it wasn't for the lack of an Australian hosting option I would probably say your best bet would be Nitrado at the moment as they seem to be getting support from Grapeshot/Wildcard/Whatever they are calling themselves at the moment.

Not sure what is missing here, because I've done it three times and it worked. You do realize when you are deleting your server you get a new IP and such when you create the new one. Are you putting that info into STEAM. Also when you are connecting using this method, your server doesn't show in the STEAM->View->Servers->Internet->Add Server list with the name you gave it nor the ATLAS hosted by G-Portal etc name. Post back and we will continue to troubleshoot it. Take care

No matter how many times I hit "START THE SERVER" the server only starts for around 15secs and then goes offline again.

[IMG:https://i.imgur.com/Bs3VgLv.jpg]

Hi, if the ATLAS devs are patching then we need to update our servers as well. Try stopping it and reinstall. If reinstall doesn't work you may have to delete it and re-create it. It's my experience that it depends on the extent of the patch. Take care

I've now tried that 3 or 4 times, including most recently without even changing any setup files (so using the default server name etc)

In all cases it's not working.

Not sure how you did that, but I've never tried it. I use FileZilla for FTP. Try it it's free, straightforward to use. Take care

Copy the ftp address into Windows Explorer and hit paste, pops up a window that asks for username and password, enter the details and viola. You are in. Works like windows then, copy, paste etc.

Hi, if the ATLAS devs are patching then we need to update our servers as well. Try stopping it and reinstall. If reinstall doesn't work you may have to delete it and re-create it. It's my experience that it depends on the extent of the patch. Take care

You probably need to have a look how other host companies are managing it. I know with PingPerfect you just click on the steamupdater and it seems to update the server no problem.

Server log:

Here is the crash log:

Well I dont know whats happening anymore, the loading into other peoples instances has stopped but I cannot load into my own server. Every other official and private server i try is fine but when I try to connect to my own Atlas just closes, I have tried multiple computers now and same issue so I dont know if it is a client side issue or server issue. I believe it is sever side as I can connect to other servers but the response I got from support was about finding my server not my connection issue so I need to wait for another response. I have tried removing the server with the trash can and redoing it but again it failed and now I have the 530 FTP error as well....I just want to play the game lol

Yep my server just stops shortly after starting, waiting on my ticket to be answered. Guess they have a mountain to get through.