Then why is Nitrado servers up and running? I'm about to jump ship. These are G-Portal words. " Preorder the Atlas server today to get it as soon as it is released."
Well, there is nothing g-portal can do than wait for the dev to provide them the tools they need in order to offer game servers. If you check the official announcement, this is still on their to-do list: https://www.playatlas.com/inde…nt/6-early-access-launch/
What we'll be focusing on and tackling over the launch period:
- Resolving players not being able to rejoin/connect to servers
- Investigating and resolving server/client performance degradation on freeport servers
- Looking into respawning issues
- Getting the Third Party Hosts set up to manage their own ATLAS
- Create a Steam Annonymous APPID that would provide anyone with a download to the server application
- Publish the tools to layout your own ATLAS including information on how to use it.
- Break down of some of the new settings that they can host with which differ to ARK due to new gameplay mechanics
- Linux Dedicated Server
By pre-ordering, you basically made sure that you will have hardware reserved when the servers are available in case they are sold out like it was the case when CE launched. Nitrado can offer servers now, because they are the official host for officials so they already have the files available to them.