Posts by Cible

Then why is Nitrado servers up and running? I'm about to jump ship. These are G-Portal words. " Preorder the Atlas server today to get it as soon as it is released."

Well, there is nothing g-portal can do than wait for the dev to provide them the tools they need in order to offer game servers. If you check the official announcement, this is still on their to-do list: https://www.playatlas.com/inde…nt/6-early-access-launch/

By pre-ordering, you basically made sure that you will have hardware reserved when the servers are available in case they are sold out like it was the case when CE launched. Nitrado can offer servers now, because they are the official host for officials so they already have the files available to them.

When you ordered your server, you should have received a Terms and Conditions.pdf file attached to the confirmation email (usually titled Your order on g-portal.us). Into that document, you should find all the information you need. Either way, you should submit a Support Ticket and discuss with them directly; I don't know a single company that discusses billing stuff on their public forums - just saying. ;)

Did you guys tried to manually update them? For example, Classic Flyers's ID is: 895711211 So navigate through (or wherever you installed Steam):

Code
    1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\

And copy the 895711211.mod file along with the 895711211 folder to the following directory of your server:

Code
    1. ..\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\

Make sure to shutdown your server and make a backup of your current save just in case but it should technically works.

I tested out the fix Cible mentioned, and I did get more than 60 structures on a platform saddle now but it capped out at 80 when I changed the proposed file from 1 to 13. Soooo I might have to play with this file a bit more. ;)

Hmm. That's weird behavior. Do you have "bAllowPlatformSaddleMultiFloors" set to True or to False? At least it increased, I guess. ?

As previously stated, there is a known break with the "MaxPlatformSaddleStructureLimit". You can try and make the changes mentioned above as Cible suggested, but chances are they may not work.

I am also stuck at 60 structures on the saddles as well. I've had the range from 1, 2,5,6,7,50000 and still only get 60 items on the saddle period.

As stated above, that setting do not control the amount of structures allowed to be built on a single platform. It controls the amount of platforms with structures built on them (mobile saddles, rafts, etc. that have bases built on them) allowed in the entire world. If you want to increase the amount of structures allowed to be built on the same platform, then you need the following in your GameUserSettings.ini:

Code
    1. [ServerSettings]
    2. PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=10

This will allow you to place 10 times more pieces on the same platform.

I will have to agree that threads are quick to be locked around here. Ideally, they should be closed/marked as resolved when the OP himself confirm his issues to be solved or when a thread goes inactive. I wanted to add input into your other thread but I was unable to do so. Since you are raising the issue again, I will post it here. The issue is that the tooltip on the panel is wrong. For the "MaxPlatformSaddleStructureLimit" setting, the tooltip says: "How much structures, you can put on a platformsaddle" but that is not right. That setting control how many platform with structures built on them are allowed on the entire server. If it is set to 1, then you can only have 1 quetzal with a base on its back, if 2 then you can have 2, etc. That limit is global across the entire server; all tribes combined. To increase the amount of structures allowed on a single platform, you have to increase the "PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier" setting. If 1.0 is 60, then 2.0 will be 120, etc. So if for example you want 1,000 structures allowed, you would basically set it to (1000 / 60) = 16.66.

hello i got a server from gportal not long about 3 or so month ago and when i try to access a ob or city termal i get kicked from my server that i paid for but other people that i play with can access it with no problem can someone plz help if there is someone who has or had this problem and fixed it plz give me some advise cuz its getting to the point where im about to delete this crap but im so far and i dont want to start over again :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I heard about this before, and the solution that was proposed was to go into your single-player world and remove everything (characters, dinos and items) that you have uploaded. Another proposal was to go into, again, your single-player world and use the "cheat playercommand Ascend1" command in order to ascend. After that you should be good to go. It might be a different issue; but worth the try. Good luck!

Well, as far as I know, g-portal is not offering hosting services for ARK on Xbox; only PC (Steam) and PS4 so the server you rented is most likely for one of these platforms. I won't link you any competitor, out of respect for g-portal, but you have to find a host that is licensed and approved by Microsoft.

2) Can I upload a save I have from another unofficial server to the new server I rented?

Absolutely! Backup the content of the ../Saved/SavedArks/* directory from your other server and copy it over your other to the same directory. Make sure it is turned off first, otherwise the current session will overwrite your copied save. That being said, keep in mind that it also depend of the setup of the server you are migrating from. For example, if the server you are migrating from was using an alternate save directory (common when clustering locally without symlinking, etc) you might have to grab your save from a different directory. You also should make sure to tell your players to download everything they have uploaded, since most host doesn't give you access to the tribute data so you cannot backup and migrate that. Contact support if you have concerns, I'm pretty sure they could even do the migration for you if you ask and provide your ftp info - they are usually very helpful. ?

Yea I know about that setting. That sucks. You guys ever plan on adding it for tames? If not, might have to go somewhere else.

Well, first of all, I'm not working for g-portal and I simply responded to your thread randomly. That being said, even if you go somewhere else, you won't have that functionality either. Unless Wildcard add that as a configurable option directly to their game, your only bet is to check for plugins/mods and install those on your server. Keep in mind that the panel g-portal offer is only a wrapper of the available settings offered by a specific game so if you have suggestions regarding those, then well, the ARK's Game Suggestions forum is your friend. Good luck!

Hi, people on my cluster were wondering if there is any way to increase tamed dino health regen.

There is the DinoCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier multiplier (search for it in your Basic Settings panel). However, it affects both; tamed and wild dinos. There is unfortunately no setting that only control tamed ones. This is a multiplier, so x10 would health them 10 times faster, etc.

https://gyazo.com/82641fa69b1721b60e310b167facf6d6

As you can see it doesn't let me.

This is the name of your cloud, you cannot change that. As daenrys7 said, go into the Basic Settings tab after selecting your server in the My Servers section of your panel.

EDIT: Just to add a bit more info maybe, when you go to your gamecloud page https://www.g-portal.us/en/gamecloud do not click on the settings gear icon but instead select your server by clicking on its name/IP. Then you will see tabs at the top [STATUS][BASIC SETTINGS][...] select BASIC SETTINGS and from there you should find a field to edit the name of your server.