Posts by Cible

Maybe I missed something because I use g-portal on my phone/tablet, now. It's not an app but I can access the site and my servers.

OP is requesting a feature that is to receive an automated email whenever his servers are shutting down. He said he was able to restart it when one of his player made him aware so managing his servers from his phone is not the issue here. :P

That's weird...

That limit is unfortunately hard-coded in the CliffPlatform_Base_BP (inherited by all three variants; wood, stone and metal):

[IMG:https://i.imgur.com/cPi8Di6.png]

I was able to successfully patch the uasset server-side, but since that limit is checked prior to the clients actually networking and requesting the placement, there is unfortunately no way to change it without a mod that is also loaded and overriding that class client-side. :(

Listen all I did was messed with a few settings and did them and it worked all I did was posted everything I added. Regardless no I dont have super fast land animals neither. Perlevelsstats for speed is at 1. So it literally only adds how ever amount there was at stock. It's literally not effecting anyone on my server at any way possible.

There is no need to be on the defensive. I apologize if I gave the impression that I was attacking you, I clearly wasn't. I just wanted to share information so that people are aware that this is not a magic solution and that brings a lot of side-effects that can compromise the balance of a PvP environment. For example, use the settings you posted above, force tame a Basilisk, give it max experience and put all levels into speed and tell me this is not broken.

This is just a replacement until wildcard makes unofficial users able to put points in speed on flyers to ps4 users once again.

They unfortunately have no plan for that and they confirmed it 2 weeks ago: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390887761?t=30m41s

There are several ways to counter the speed problem for land dinos. Simply make it add less to the speed stat.

Keep in mind it will nerf the species that do not have an additive bonus into speed. There is even some that have a negative additive bonus (the Allo for example have a -0.1 which in theory should result in -50% instead of -10% -- unless they have an internal check that prevent the multiplier from being applied to negative value).

Also I stated above it only works if you retame your tames. If you already have tames they will still be very slow. Now if you go tame a new one itll actually show you how fast it is going I have some of my old tames still and they're reallllllly slow compared to my new ones we even tested to see if they were faster

Yes, and I addressed that in my previous post. This is caused by the caching data that is stored in the APrimalDinoCharacter class. That cached value might be refreshed at any time based on some aspect of the game and sometimes the game forget to re-use that setting and reset to default speed. I've dug a lot in the past to find an alternative that doesn't requires mods. I went as far as coding a scripting engine allowing me to run python code within the game processes (sig-scanning, memory detouring, NOP instructions injecting, etc. in order to bypass certain conditions) and always came to same results; there is no way to make this 100% works server-side unless you replicate the same client-side (which will get your account globally banned by BE).

I don't know why it doesn't it's weird but this will make it better for some people. Once I figure out how to make the bigger ones go faster I'll also post it.

This is very easy to explain why. Let's break down the functionality of each setting:

Code
    1. PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[9]=1.5

This one is a multiplier that multiply by 1.5 the increase of speed domesticated level ups gives (level gained with xp). Since flyers speed cannot be increased, that multiplier is useless for flyers but will makes all land creatures 150% faster if they have levels spent into speed.

Code
    1. PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[9]=5

This one is a multiplier that multiply the base stat by 5. Flyers all have a base speed stat of 0 (which is translated to 100%) . 0 * 5 = 0. That setting won't affect flyers. In fact, it won't affect any creatures because all creatures have a base speed of 0; hence why speed points are often called "wasted". What control the speed of a creature, is a multiplier that is applied directly to the velocity vector by the movement engine every frame and is predicted client-side. These are hard-coded per specie and even if you could change them using an hex editor (assuming you have access to the uasset files on consoles), this will looks terrible on client because all movement are predicted before being networked and approved by the server. The "candies" for example, are only applies the speed server-side and is making the flight visually very "laggy" on client.

Code
    1. PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[9]=5

This one is a multiplier that is added regardless of the taming effectiveness. For example, a Pteranodon have it set to 0.35. So if you have it set to 5, they will gain 0.35 * 5 = 1.75 bonus once tamed. Which will translates to 100% base + 175% additive bonus = 275%. This setting will affect all creatures that have an additive bonus applied to speed. For example, Raptor have 0.2 so they would have 100% base + (0.2 * 5 = 100%) = 200% speed once tamed. Many others have an additive bonus, so you will have insanely fast land creatures since they can also level up into speed.

Code
    1. PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[9]=5

This one is a multiplier that is affecting the "multiplier" bonus. Basically, every stats have 2 kinds of bonus applied once tamed; one is an additive as mentioned above and the other is a multiplier that is affected by the taming effectiveness. For example you have 50% taming effectiveness on your tame, that multiplier will be halved, etc. Since there is no creature that have a multiplier bonus into speed, that setting will have no effect at all.

In conclusion, 3 of the 4 settings are useless here. The only one that "works" is the third one listed above. It will also only affects the one that have an additive bonus applied once taming. However, you will see that it will be very inconsistent for speed. Sometimes you will see your flyer flying at regular speed even tho the displayed stat it correctly reflecting the additive bonus. The reason being that the speed is not re-calculated every frame and is cached and under certain circumstances won't be re-calculated for a while. This can happens when uploaded, when server restarts, when cryogenized, or simply when going out of stasis. For the same reason your flyers that were tamed before you changed that setting doesn't "move" at the new speed but display it in their inventory. That value is cached and might be refreshed at any time especially on busy servers that run for a long time.

Sorry for the wall of text.

This will only works for certain species and will be very inconsistent for flyers. I could go into the technicalities, but I will simply leave it at that; to anyone that read this thread, don't get too excited. ;)

Cible most of these are virtual machines running the game servers, its how the can spread the resources of multiple game servers across a single machine. Correctly sand-boxed there is no risk.

Yes, but I really doubt each server allocates its own VM isolated from the others. Each VM most likely runs multiple instances that are not necessarily rented by the same client. Otherwise they would lose resources as each server would also need to run their own OS on top which means they could squeeze less servers per physical machine and that could certainly be considered as losses/less profitable from a business standpoint.

Thus far GPortal is the only provider to deny the ability to access/edit/upload file via FTP.

They are not alone, HH do not grant the write permissions to the entire "Binaries" folder either just to name them.

or why I would not be able to upload folders to that directory

The error code is telling you why. Your account doesn't have the write permission. Usually the case on shared host providers so that one don't inject malicious binaries/executables that messes with the OS or other instances on that machine. From your result; pdb are allowed but json and dll are restricted. Submit a ticket and they might be able to review the files and upload them for you. I doubt they will grant permissions and open backdoors to their network.

Slowly but surely :) And will get the highlight box background changed as well for everyone

Thanks! :)

Another background I noticed just now, when you quote a post, the box is too light in the editor.

The new style looks awesome, good job! The only thing I noticed, is the following being too light (check the posts on someone's profile for example) which makes the content very hard to read:

Code
    1. .containerList > li:hover {
    2. background-color:rgba(242, 242, 242, 1)
    3. }

A good color in my opinion, would be to simply makes the background 20% lighter:

Code
    1. .containerList > li:hover {
    2. background-color:rgba(98, 109, 119, 1)
    3. }

EDIT: The font color in the code tag is also too light and very hard to read. And the "This post has previous versions that are saved." too dark.

I need to be on ps4 not pc and in English

Make sure you connect from https://www.g-portal.US/ and not .COM. Also make sure to clear your cookies and your cache for both; g-portal.us and g-portal.com in case it is conflicting somewhere in your local data (alternatively try in a private browser).

PS: I've reported your post so a moderator/admin can edit out your personal info as this is really not a good idea to post that on a public forums.

Is there anyway to have the server do a dino/sotd wipe at server reset or at certain time of day automatically

In your Game.ini:

Code
    1. [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
    2. ServerAutoForceRespawnWildDinosInterval=<seconds>

The setting is declared in the binaries, but might be unused residual codes from the ARK engine so no guarantee it will works as intended for ATLAS.

Well, g-portal have no control about what game devs does with their game. They offer hosting services. If the devs of a game makes changes that you don't like or introduce bugs with an update then you should contact these devs directly on their officials communication channels. Picking on the host is as ridiculous as blaming your car brand because there was potholes on the road you took.

Beaconapp was designed to work more directly with Nitrado servers and their configurations. G-Portal configurations are going to be slightly different in some aspects but enough where Beaconapp won't work with the G-Portal servers.

This is only if you want the app to automatically stop and restart your server for you to synchronize your generated config, other than that it simply generates ini files that works with the game itself so the host doesn't matter. :P

Awesome, thank you! I think I just discovered how to get rid of the tech dinos, my biggest concern now is trying to prohibit the taming of certain dinos. I know I've seen the option in the past elsewhere but I can't, for the life of me, figure it now! haha. Thank you for your response!

You want to use the following options in your Game.ini:

Code
    1. [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
    2. PreventDinoTameClassNames=<class>
    3. PreventDinoTameClassNames=<class>
    4. PreventDinoTameClassNames=<class>
    5. PreventDinoTameClassNames=<class>
    6. PreventDinoTameClassNames=<class>
    7. etc...

You can find their class name on the wiki (the "Entity ID" value in the table): https://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_IDs