Server not showing

• I have had the server for about a week and in that time my server, no matter what settings or filters I use does not show up in the server list. I have logged into it and it now shows up in my favorites. But my friends are unable to log in. They have even tried adding the server via Steam but even tho I am in game it shows up as ”not responding” for them. What am I doing wrong?

• Ok, this is a long shot, but worth a shot none the less. On the IP adress, there is a port, and recon port. Sometimes those two numbers are the same, sometimes they may vary by one number. 28515 28516. If they are different then tell your friends to use the Rcon port instead of the other one when putting the ip into steam. If that works then it should auto add to their favorites just iike yours did after you joined it the first time.

• Ok, this is a long shot, but worth a shot none the less. On the IP adress, there is a port, and recon port. Sometimes those two numbers are the same, sometimes they may vary by one number. 28515 28516. If they are different then tell your friends to use the Rcon port instead of the other one when putting the ip into steam. If that works then it should auto add to their favorites just iike yours did after you joined it the first time.

I’ll have my friends give that a try but honestly if that's the best solution it might be best to let my rental expire and try out Nitrado

• Well the best solution is to submit a support ticket and have them solve the issue for you. This forum is a community forum, not tech support, we are just players like you and have no way to do anything for your server except give advice on problems that we have experienced in the past. None of the people that are gonna respond to post on here can do anything, and Gportal will respond to your ticket, but they wont see a post on here and take a look at your server because of that.

• HI,

Sorry youre having all this issues.

I play ark for years and had issues connecting sometimes, with timeouts or the game just geting stuck with no message at all.

Youre able to get online, wich means the server is working.

Sometimes fixes are easy, other times not really, if nothing above fixes it, i would ask your friends to delete the mod folder, after unsubs from the mods on steam, reinstall everything , verify integrity of game files on steam and try to join the server again.

• There are no mods installed at the moment

• Well got my answer from my support ticket.

Looks like my server needs to be up 24-72hrs with no restarts before it could show up on in-game server list. But thats not guaranteed. Even if it does there's no guarantee that any future restart might remove it from the listing.

Not very encouraging seeing as I never had this problem with Nitrado but oh well nothing that can be helped.