Admin questions

• Hi,

I am running a server for Valguero/Ark and I wanted to ask a few questions because I am new to this.

1. Are other players able to spawn in new dinosaurs or highly levelled dinos?

2. Do I need to use a password to prevent other players from making any changes/mods?

Thank you.

• You will have 3 passwords. 1. Server password. People will need this to join your server. 2 Admin Password. This is entered after you're already in game if you want summon items, destroywilddinos, and that sort of thing. 3 A G-Portal password. This one is used to access control of your server through the G-Portal website to make changes to setting and such. The level of access someone other than yourself has is based on how many of these passwords you choose to share. I strongly suggest you only share the first one. Players will be allowed to play on the server, but that is where their control will end.

• Thank you! Much appreciated

I have been best friends with one of my players for over 20 years, and even she only has the first one. If they want something admin related , they have to go through me. There are a few reasons for this, but the most important one is not ruining a friendship. I have seen bugs, and bad patches cause things that would look to the naked eye as admin related, but they were not. Also, if you are following a certain high level dino around and lets say you have plans to go after it when you get home from work. You get home, and its gone,, Hmmmmmm did it die?? or was it destroyed by a admin command, because a Bronto near a players base was annoying them, and they didn't want to take the time to just kill it themselves. If you are the only one with admin commands, you can eliminate one of those, and not have to worry about bruising someones feelings. If a friend insist on having the admin password, then find new friends.