Is there a way to remove glare?

• Ark, PS4

Recently added The Island to our cluster and the glare is way worse than on my single player game to the point where it's almost unplayable. Reducing gamma does basically nothing. Ragnarok has moments of glare but for the most part it's fine. But The Island is another level of bad. There has to be a setting somewhere that can make the map a little more bearable on these hosted servers

• The rendering is done client-side, and thus there is no settings that could be set on the server to change it. Well, you could technically set the server to be night time 24/7, but that would not be ideal.

This is actually something that has been requested a lot and you could share your support on their official forums by voting and commenting:

https://survivetheark.com/inde…hafts-setting-on-console/

I also remember some saying that if you go into single-player and use the following commands:

Code
    1. r.lightshafts 0
    2. r.bloomquality 0

And then join any server without exiting the game the settings will remains. I cannot confirm this myself, since I didn't own a console for like 15 years but yeah, apparently it still works although using the commands from a server will be rejected. This must be done every times you re-launch your game, so that is kind of an annoyance.

• Yeah I remember seeing it working on xbox (youtube) but I've tried that with PS4 with no luck although maybe an update has changed it. It's also much worse through the server than single player which is why I was hoping there might have been a server setting to change it. And yes, I'd already voted on that suggestion on the other forum :thumbsup:

• Yeah I remember seeing it working on xbox (youtube) but I've tried that with PS4 with no luck although maybe an update has changed it. It's also much worse through the server than single player which is why I was hoping there might have been a server setting to change it. And yes, I'd already voted on that suggestion on the other forum :thumbsup:

Your single-player/multi-player difference is most likely caused by the hibernation/minimal stasis that is implemented on single-player for optimization purposes which prevents some layers from being rendered from a distance. Other than that, I don't see why they would differs.

Consoles don't have access to these files, they are limited to in-game panels which also contains less settings than PC. :(

• i didnt know if u could access these, hence the question, i know u can access the gus and game inis

That's true for dedicated sessions, but can't be accessed locally for client settings (which is what is needed here, since these are client variables).

• In the only config files I see I notice there's a setting in ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini

TrueSkyQuality=0.700000

Would changing that up or down have any effect? I don't want to mess around with ini files (I notice you can edit and save) unless it has been proven to help