Saving an inactive server's map

• Does anyone know if there's a way to save a server's map, dinos, tribe and player account data into a place somewhere else? For the duration that that server will be shut down no longer renewed?

My server's been inactive for months and I don't want to lose everyone's bases and dinos that they worked hard to build and breed, and most members plan on coming back some day when they get their PCs upgraded so they can handle Ark in the first place... but I keep paying monthly for an inactive server. :\

And if so, then how do you re-add that map, dino, base, and player account data back into a server later on?

• You sure can! Make a backup of the ../ShooterGame/Saved/ folder which contains your config, your logs, along with your world saves. Then just restore that directory on any server whenever you want to take your game where you left it. :thumbsup:

• Thank you so much for the advice!!
    Although I'm not sure where to find this folder besides the Configuration Files side-bar link on my gportal server page, and then there's the dropdown menu with things like ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/Game.ini, ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini, etc.

But the most I can do on this page is copy everything and perhaps save it as a notepad file on my computer.

On the Backup page of gportal's server user interface, it only allows me to Restore or Delete backups rather than download them.

• For PC, using gportal on browser.

Find your FTP info on the panel, then open any folder on your PC and enter the following path replacing user, password, ip and port with the info you found on the panel:

Code
    1.  ftp://user:password@ip:port

From there you should be able to simply navigate through the Saved directory and copy paste it. Alternatively you can use FTP software such as FileZilla, etc.

• Thank you very much, I have saved the ShooterGame/Saved file's contents onto my hard drive now using the FileZilla program.
    So to reupload the world map building, tribe and player data back into a server, would this also be done somehow through FileZilla?