Atlas Email ~Feb 27th from GPortal

• Hello GPortal team,

on 27th Feburary at 11:01am NZDT (GMT+13) I received an email from GPortal promising several features in the next two weeks (This makes the deadline Wednesday 13th March at 11:01am NZDT)

Those features were:

• Editable Maps - We make your maps editable, so you can keep your savegame
    • Expansion Server Settings - You can edit the settings in any Expansion Server or copy your settings from the master server
    • Slots per server - In the future, you can freely choose your slots per server
    • FTP access data - You get the FTP access data to access your files on all servers
    • Redis database access data - You will also receive access data for the Redis database, where e.g. the character memory level is located
    • Backups - In the future, you can make backups individually from each server

Here is a link to that email: http://r.newsletter.g-portal.c…G3HiMu1iPhLEFsJjLh0gsgCZQ

There has not been any kind of offical status update from GPortal. I was hoping you could provide one here so we can see how you are tracking against these commitments.

• can you explain "editable maps" ? does this mean i can edit the 3x3 fun all biomes gportal map? from what i can see, the servergrid.json is still not visible via ftp for the gportal maps. booooo.

• Daenrys07 As mentioned by the other user, access to the servergrid.json is not yet a thing.

We can re-upload a map but thats high risk and brings with it the chance of damaging data (forcing a wipe).

In addition, those two things are only part of what was promised...

• Editable Maps - We make your maps editable, so you can keep your savegame

Released for custom maps, Can be changed at anytime with out data being wiped. You do not need access to the JSON directly to change a map, Simply the ability to override the current one, We are working on this, But for Our Pre-made maps, Currently there is no way to edit these, Only way to make changes would be to upload your own custom map. Something else we are working on but currently no time Frame

• Expansion Server Settings - You can edit the settings in any Expansion Server or copy your settings from the master server

Released and each can be changed

• Slots per server - In the future, you can freely choose your slots per server

Released-basic settings for each grid

• FTP access data - You get the FTP access data to access your files on all servers

Released, Some files can only be accessed via the Config tab(Like api files)

• Redis database access data - You will also receive access data for the Redis database, where e.g. the character memory level is located

Released

• Backups - In the future, you can make backups individually from each server

Released as well

• Yes I know that but every time you want to update that map it requires a wipe of the whole server/server cluster. What would be nice is to be able to edit the map without wiping the server's

• its not meant to work that way, and for the last couple of days i have had a ticket in. i ahve 5 empty grids, i have added islands to 2.. a wipe isnt meant to have to happen, to get teh new update

@administrators can we please have some context

• That is what is frustrating as a newb making maps make a map load it up then start playing on it and then realize you need to adjust some things on the map and have to start everything all over even though the adjustments dont have to do with islands even just pathing or adding whales.