Dinos not Spawning after a Dino Wipe

• Hey there, hive mind. I performed a dino wipe today on the server I admin, and after 30 minutes the only thing on the entire map was .... about 10 otters. I tried it again, 30 minutes later same thing. I've done a few google searches, and most of what I'm coming up with is stuff about resetting local servers, etc. What I'm looking for is how to fix this on the GPortal server. Help!

• Hey there, hive mind. I performed a dino wipe today on the server I admin, and after 30 minutes the only thing on the entire map was .... about 10 otters. I tried it again, 30 minutes later same thing. I've done a few google searches, and most of what I'm coming up with is stuff about resetting local servers, etc. What I'm looking for is how to fix this on the GPortal server. Help!

Hello DragonFeathers, what I've discovered is that the DestroyWildDinos command lags any server regardless of host. Most use the command then log off for about 10 to 15 minutes. Next thing is it generally takes 1-2 hours before they spawn in again. Some suggest that manipulating the resource spawn slider will help since Dinos are considered a resource. I hope this info has eased your mind a little and answered your question.

btw how did your dragon get feathers8o

• Creatures spawns whenever an area goes out of stasis (being rendered by a player but will never spawn in his view cone) and as Daenrys07 said, it can takes a while before it re-populates as each spawns are not guaranteed and are controlled by a percentage meaning that it might take few re-rendering for stuff to roll and spawns. After a wipe, just play normally and the wildlife should eventually becomes normal.

• Here's my experience with dino wipes on PC and PS4 versions so far, and I've done several.:) Enjoy the read with a Super Supreme and a good chilled beverage.:saint:

If I have my dino capture cap filled and I dino wipe the server for both wild and tamed dinos...omg it takes FOREVER to get things back again..I think it took like 2 hours for things to pop back up again fully. The sea dwellers seemed to pop first, then land veggies then meat saurs. So I'm guessing it's a progression for everything to load in a fashion? *shrug* just a guess after seeing that happen. PC tends to come back faster, PS4 a LOT longer.:/

Now that being said, Just doing a general Wild Dino wipe on PC it seems to only take 5-10 minutes for things to repopulate. PS4 can still take a good hour for things to pop in certain areas but generally start seeing things pop within 15 minutes.

Now there's also things to consider like if you're using Mods. Especially ones that impact dinos in any fashion. If you have those in place, they might affect dino spawns as well. So if you're missing dino spawns, try removing the Mod to see if they come back then.

You can also tweek out spawn zones with adding lines to the ini files for specific dinos to spawn in specific locations. Basically you could add Griffins to Island map if needed. But doing this can also impact wild dino spawns in those regions as well. So if you're doing this, and you notice an impact on the dino population of the world, might need to check the ini files and update accordingly as well.

Hope this helps all and you had some good pizza during the read! ;)

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza