Need help with adding dinos

• I want to add dinos from extinction to ragnarok. Any help would be very appreciated thank you :)

• Hello gportal_033369

sec...gathering all my stuff for ya cuz there is a LOT to that question...

Good question btw!;)

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• k for the first bit of info...

Now if you're looking to just pop a dino in from Rangarok, or Aberration, or even Extinction, you can do this with some of the console commands and knowing the dino's BP path.

There is an awesome link I use all the time that is updating really fast with new things.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

This link will show you how to spawn EVERYTHING you could possibly need from dinos, to artifacts, to whatev.

Now if you're looking to generate spawn points in the world for specific dino types. That gets a wee bit more complex since you're going to be adding a series of lines to your ini files to generate the spawns. Here is an example of the coding to add to the ini files I found on Steam:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesCave1_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesCave2_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesCave2-LowSpiderScorp_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesCave3_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesCave5_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesCave5_Tough_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesCaveLava_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="SpiderCaveSpawner_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MantisSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Mantis_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Mantis_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MorellaSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("camelsaurus_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="camelsaurus_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesDamiensAtoll_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MorellaHerbSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("camelsaurus_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="camelsaurus_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="ThornySpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("SpineyLizard_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="SpineyLizard_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="VultureRedSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Vulture_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Vulture_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="VultureSwampSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Vulture_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Vulture_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))
    ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesJungle_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MothSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Moth_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Moth_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01)))

Aaaaaaaaannnnnd one mnore example of how to add griffins...

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMountain_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="GriffSpawner",EntryWeight=0.04,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Griffin_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Griffin_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=1.0)))

To break this down a bit so everyone knows how this works.....

NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString - This will be the location on the map where the dino spawns.

Everything after this string is going to detail the type of dino you want to add, and how many spawn in on that location. If you use the other link above you can find the BP naming conventions for each dino at the gamepedia site to adjust the spawn add as needed.

If you get stuck let me know! ;):saint:

• OMG! TOTALLY FORGOT SOMETHING!!:evil:

Now it wasn't too clear if you're using PC or PS4 so I was assuming PS4, my total bad!

So if you are using PC, you can still most certainly do the ini adjust if you'd like (it's more stable if you learn how to make ini adjustments anyway imho;))

But I know there's a few mods around that can sometimes help let you add and change dinos as well for PC/XBOX Ark. Now I will warn you though, Mods right now are a weeeeee bit touchy, but G-Portal is working on a Mod Tool to make them work better.

They don't really recommend Mods right now since there are several that have been found to corrupt the server entirely. Just throwing it out there in case someone tells you, 'GO USE THIS AWESOME MOD!' Chances are it could break things, but I want you all to have all avenues of information available. :saint:

• Yes it is ps4 Sorry also I'd like to add several monster to one area. I've been copying and pasting what people have done but i can only add up to 3 tames to one area cause idk how to add another line to it or what it is even supposed to look like these are the ones I am using for right now

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="BasliskSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Basilisk_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="RavagerSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CaveWolf_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="GriffinSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Griffin_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Basilisk_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="CaveWolf_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Griffin_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0,10)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="GigaSpawner",EntryWeight=0.05,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gigant_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="SpinoSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spino_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="VelonaSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spindles_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gigant_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spino_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Spindles_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0,10)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSnow_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="ManaSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("IceJumper_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="GachaSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gacha_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="OWlSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Owl_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="IceJumper_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gacha_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Owl_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0,10)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesDamiensAtoll_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="ElementalSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("RockGolem_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="EnforcerSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Enforcer_Character_BP_C")),(AnEntryName="QuetzSpawner",EntryWeight=0.10,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Quetz_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="RockGolem_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Enforcer_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.10),(NPCClassString="Quetz_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0,10)))

To spawn multiple in one area but like i said i only know how to do the 3 spawns just from copying and pasting lol if i want to add 4 or more idk how to do that -.-

• yeah i believe it is coded to cap the spawn zone with 3 per zone. No way to change that I'm afraid.

I saw someone did manage to get 4 spawns setup in a zone but then everything started to rubber band or spawn in at 20x the size. :D

• im having a similar issue with my server. im trying to add ext and abb dinos to my valguero server.

i have a griff code, and an owl code that works, but i cant find any others. i purchased the "beacon" program, and set it up there. once i was finished are restarted my server all the codes that i just input were gone. is this a dead thread, or is there some help here?? please!

• yeah i believe it is coded to cap the spawn zone with 3 per zone. No way to change that I'm afraid.

I saw someone did manage to get 4 spawns setup in a zone but then everything started to rubber band or spawn in at 20x the size. :D

please help me...