I need beginners help, please.

• I've dipped my toe into the realm of server renting and I need your help because I am a noobie and my server has been live for 15 minutes and I haven't even stepped foot in it once! First of all, when I get to the menu to edit the server name, clicking on the current server name doesn't prompt my keyboard to pop up and begin editing. All I have the opportunity to do is "Save" and "Cancel". Secondly but most importantly, how do I find my server through a PS4 Console because that's what I purchased... Do I need to start it up via host/local game option? And if I were to do that, how do I know the server is linked with the server I created via host/local option? If I find my server just browsing, how can I make myself admin? (Ark Survival Evolved PS4)

• Hi and welcome to the G-Portal community and the world of server hosting. Don't let all this intimidate you. You will be just fine, because we have the best techies in the world. (yes I am quite taken with them):)

Now that you've got your server, check out the wiki and see if an article like this will help you join your server:

https://www.g-portal.us/wiki/A…ow_do_I_join_my_server%3F

Finally Gorgrak is awesome with console and Ark so I'm sure he will post a tip or two. If you really want to spend a little extra time check out some of his posts. You can do that by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right and type in his name or ArK PS4 etc.

I hope I've been some help and look forward to you posting more of your server admin adventures and Ark fun. Take care

• awww shucks... now I'm blushing....:saint:

Welcome gportal_800750!

Anything I tell anyone is not meant to insult or demean, but to reduce the stress we all can get sometimes when dealing with tech stuff that's being a royal pain. So if anything seems offensive, please feel free to let me know, but I hope all will find the humor in things and have a slight chuckle while we learn together. :love:

So daenrys7 has it spot on for how to connect to the PC/XBOX version. That link she provided is how you would connect to your ARK server with those types of connections since it goes through a Steam account access.

Now with PS4 it SHOULD be pretty straight forward. I'm working on some PS4 vid and streaming atm to add those links via Youtube, but may take me a wee bit for editing and such.

Basic rundown though.

You want to first make sure the server is Online for Ark. YAY! Should be downhill from here :thumbup:

So when you load the game - This can take a bit sometimes.

Now when you go to Join ARK session and it comes to the server pages you need to make sure you have a few things checked:

1) Unofficial Server needs to be check marked and selected in the lower left part of the screen

2) Whatever map you are running on the server should be listed at top of screen in the center (The Island, The Center, Ragnarok, etc)

3) Player type should be set for what you have. You can set it for ANY but then it can still miss. Make sure you have it set for PVE or PVP on how you have it set. This setting is determined in the Basic Settings - Gameplay Settings - Have the PVE box checked for PVE and uncheck for PVP server.

4) If you name your server (Also in Basic Settings at the top - Server Name) you can then type that into the search bar at the top of the screen and find the game you want that way. It can take 5-10 minutes sometimes to find it though.

Now when you first try logging into the server, you may get a lot of timeouts. Don't worry though! Sometimes it take 5 or 6 tries to do it. Usually after 2 or 3 tries, you have to back out to the main page then go back in and try again. It should have your settings saved once you set them.

Make sure you set you server as a Favorite to make finding it easier next time too.

If you get snagged on any level for any platform, you are welcome to PM me directly and I will do my best to help you out! ;):saint:

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• Gorgrak   daenrys7 I appreciate the help both of you have given me. I finally got my hands on a browser that works with this website with allowing server name editing and basic setting access. After I change up some setting I am going to finally attempt to log into my server. Once I'm there I'm sure I'll have questions like how can I become server admin/host? Do I access those setting via R1+R2+triangle+square at the same time? Thank you both again!

• Hello,

gportal_003944 welcome to the G-Portal Community. Maintenance may last from a few minutes to 2 hours. It depends on the game/hardware that is undergoing maintenance. Your game may take several starts and restarts if it is updating. What works for me is to wait a few moments (at least 5 minutes) and refresh my browser.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please submit a support ticket. Take care and post back often. Let us know how things are going.:)

Valar Doeharis...D7

The post was edited 1 time, last by daenrys7 ().

• Gorgrak   daenrys7 I appreciate the help both of you have given me. I finally got my hands on a browser that works with this website with allowing server name editing and basic setting access. After I change up some setting I am going to finally attempt to log into my server. Once I'm there I'm sure I'll have questions like how can I become server admin/host? Do I access those setting via R1+R2+triangle+square at the same time? Thank you both again!

Awesome question LadyGrim!

So firstly thing to be the admin on the server is to set the Admin password.

When you hit Options you can then press the R1+R2+Square+Triangle to end that Admin password.

Then you can exit out then hit Options again and you will now have the ability to do admin commands.

If you have the option for Creative mode checked in your Basic Settings this will also now appear as an option to enable or disable that function as well.

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• Hi all!

So I'm in an ark server with my buddy and I wanted to use admin commands on my server so I can use the gamma command so I can see at night, as we all know it can get quite dark lol, however, despite having admin logging enabled in my server settings when I press R1, L1, Square and Triangle simultaneously the console doesn't pop up at all, don't know if anyone knows a way around this or not but anything is appreciated! Thanks! ^^^^