server cluster just says maintenance

• G-Portal is working rather diligently at getting this type of issue locked down.

The main issue is that Wildcard updates their servers and pass down the fix to Nitrado first, then opens it up to other rental companies.

G-Portal sometimes have to wait for Wildcard to approve them applying the updates.

G-Portal also does a bit of testing on fixes to make sure the fix they get from the developer doesn't take down their entire network so no games are working at all. Yes, this has happened before, so better safe than sorry.

Keep updating your tickets, and someone should reach out within a 2 hour timeframe. If not, then update your ticket asking for an update, and someone should get back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.:)

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• If you are experiencing issues around patch time with Maintenance it is because G-Portal has a hair pullingly slow update system, I am averaging 30 minutes to several hours, sometimes 6+ hours after a patch until my server comes out of update.

• I'm looking for a statement from G-Portal for what they consider is a reasonable time to wait for an Atlas update to complete before raising a Support ticket.

I don't want to continue raising tickets unnecessarily but the latest update has had the servers sat in update mode for 90 minutes. On other occasions, it will be just one random server in the grid that takes an inordinate time to return compared to the others.

Have others experienced this? I'm seriously considering turning Auto update off because of these issues.

• General rule of thumb when doing updates:

If you do an update and it is showing as "Installing" for more than 10 minutes, submit a ticket. Most updates, even big ones don't usually take longer than that unless otherwise noted.

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• My updates are FAST. Server informs me to restart for update, I restart and the update processes. Other than the very first update I did on my server back when I rented it (which took several hours) all of my updates since have taken less than 15 minutes. No complaints here.

• I'm looking for a statement from G-Portal for what they consider is a reasonable time to wait for an Atlas update to complete before raising a Support ticket.

I don't want to continue raising tickets unnecessarily but the latest update has had the servers sat in update mode for 90 minutes. On other occasions, it will be just one random server in the grid that takes an inordinate time to return compared to the others.

Have others experienced this? I'm seriously considering turning Auto update off because of these issues.

My updates are anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours on average, constant. Also, you can not turn updates off, the fine print states Auto-Update check box is for disabling the server booting up after an update. Or so it seems. Easiest way I've seen to avoid an update, is to not use their service during an update (which is sub daily to daily, constant.) Which is to say, either be patient, or discontinue use of their service. I am currently looking at the latter when my time is up here.

• The recent Atlas update which took place on Thursday around 6pm was the longest I have seen to recover. Over 2 hours from the start of updating till the servers started coming back up. I did raise a ticket after an hour, which wasn't responded to before the servers were back, however I did get a subsequent response from Support a little later:-

"Depend on the size of the update, how many are updating and timing, But on average takes 30 to 1 hour to update all servers. Apologies for the delay, We had a few issue with updates last night so there was delay thou for everyone while we resolved a issue first"

• The recent Atlas update which took place on Thursday around 6pm was the longest I have seen to recover. Over 2 hours from the start of updating till the servers started coming back up. I did raise a ticket after an hour, which wasn't responded to before the servers were back, however I did get a subsequent response from Support a little later:-

"Depend on the size of the update, how many are updating and timing, But on average takes 30 to 1 hour to update all servers. Apologies for the delay, We had a few issue with updates last night so there was delay thou for everyone while we resolved a issue first"

G-Portal support is great, it is the overall system that is the issue here. They need to address this as a company, not just leave it for admin to mitigate the issue. I have experienced regular downtimes when other services are back online within minutes, it can take G-Portal hours. It's easy to see when Unofficial Listings show every other provider besides G-Portal Servers back online for more than 20 minutes an update.

• It is getting old for me too. Paying for a service that needs constant hand holding is just not acceptable anymore. Between the hastle of having to ticket every single update and something as simple as repair hammers being broken i am about at my limit. The support guys are great though.