Players on the server 2x2 server running the 2x2 map are unable to see the map in game. This means they are unable to choose beds to spawn, treasure maps don't work, and its just a pain in general.
I believe the issue lies in one of the following areas:
1. The ServerGrid.json is wrong, and doesn't have the correct names for the maps coded in it. As I can't see this there is no way to know if it's correct.
2. Permissions, the files are located on the ftp server and its possible that users are unable to download it through the game.
Part A. FTP Side
The following steps require FTP access, and worked for myself and 3 other players in my server.
1. Connect to the FTP, download all the files located here, the quantity will depend on the amount of tiles on your servers map.
2. Rename the files to the following:
3. Zip these files up, and send them to the players, I used email but if its zipped it doesn't matter how you do it. Sending over discord as images broke ours and it took me a long time to determine why it worked for me and nobody else.
Part B. Adding them to the folder and clearing cache.
On each clients machine, there is a cache of maps already download, and the information on the areas of the map that are explored.
1. Clear the cache
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles
You will notice there is multiple files in here, these are created for each server, which has a unique ID that is generated when you make the map. To determine which one is the correct server, you can simply enter the server, and then check which one is the latest modified. I'm not sure if this is deliberate but my g-portal server is 4062234234.0, and none of the others have a .0 on the end, as you can see here:
Make note of the ID of your server, as you need it in step 2.
This folder contains the map explored details for your characters, it needs to be deleted if the map files don't exist otherwise it doesn't work. Its fine if you just delete the folder (eg. 4062234234.0).
2. Add map files
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache
In this folder, you should be able to see your server ID, open the folder, it will have any maps that you were able to download. If it doesnt exist, create it. Delete everything and put the new files from Part A in here, like so:
Start the game, check the map and everything should be working.