Anyone interested in combining forces to make a larger server?

• Not sure if this is the right place to post this. If it isn't just go ahead and let me know and I'll repost it in the proper place.

With how the expansion maps works, there is no way I could realistically support a larger server myself because the price is just too high. However I would really like to run a server with a decent sized map that people can enjoy with a smaller community. I don't care about being the "main admin" or having all the power, but I'd like to combine forces with others interested in the same ideal if possible.

Obviously we would have to talk and make sure our ideals align so we are not butting heads on anything, especially since real money is involved. I think eventually if the community was big enough we could even crowdfund it if our community was willing to donate 1 dollar each.

Anyway if you are interested leave a post here and I'll get in touch with you on a better way for us to communicate, probably Discord.

Thanks guys! ^^

• Well, i have 90 slots currently, BUT mine is set to PVE, with the intention of editing the game world and adding mods and such as my guild sees fit. I am not sure if combining a server would affect any of the custom things i plan on adding with the dev kit in the future.

• Well, i have 90 slots currently, BUT mine is set to PVE, with the intention of editing the game world and adding mods and such as my guild sees fit. I am not sure if combining a server would affect any of the custom things i plan on adding with the dev kit in the future.

I'd honestly prefer PvE. I don't necessarily like PvP in games like this but I can tolerate it if things went that way. By combining servers I just mean combine money in one place and have one server. I'm not sure if theres a way to link up seperate servers. If there were that would be awesome.

• thru the donate feature i believe. If i go to my profile by clicking it in the lower left corner, it brings me to my profile page that has a donate and contact feature, i copied the url and get this, https://www.g-portal.us/donate…77f4e7bef/CaptainSlaymore, which should bring people to my dontate page, im sure there is an easier way.

Edit - It wont let you donate to yourself if you click your own link lol. You can find the url to share in the settings cog beneath your avatar pic in lower left on the control panel page and its listed in the User Account tab.

• I'm in the midst of working to set up an atlas server, been at it for 2-3 days now and trying to get it up and running. That being said, I'm definitely interested in 'tag teaming' with others to expand the server and make a larger PVE world for folks to explore and play together. Financially though, I can't do it on my own.

• We also have a 4x4 server that is half PVP and half PVE that we would love to build up. We paid for 3 months, total of 16 servers so A1-4 B 1-4 C 1-4 D 1-4 and 160 slots. Would be willing to increase if enough people joined and donated.

• we have 3x3 aussie. it would be nice if we could cluster across the cloud, like we could in ark... i cant see why we cant, given how the cluster in the redis seems to be ip driven...

maybe some that BradF might bring up to goas at some stage 3:)

• This is a great idea actually. I make good money and can afford a larger cluster and slot allocation but damn I don't want to spend that kind of money on a server myself. Right now I have a 42 slot server 2x1 grid that I originally set up for me and my daughter to play on in private but recently started to advertise the server in hopes of forming a small community...I'm starting to realize though that most people want to play on much MUCH larger grids so i do not think my server will take off.

You may have already found someone to do this with if posts above are any indication but if not...what size cluster and slot amount did you have in mind? I think knowing your expectations in that regard would help me and maybe others make a more informed decision. I'm open to the concept though.

So if you don't find someone to do it with you then hit me up and maybe we can work something out. We can at least discuss it.

The nice thing is we can set up multiple Admin with server rights etc so both would have pretty much equal control. I'm a PVE guy myself so that is one thing we agree on.

The other thing is I will be looking to recruit another admin eventually anyway (if my server were to actually grow) because I do have a life such as work, family ect..

Reality is I can't be on all the time but that is what RCON is for.

Anyway, hit me up via PM if you want to discuss. I have a TS3 server if you want to chat it up a bit.

• So I currently run a 5x5 grid with 300 slots aimed primarily at ANZ players but open to all. It's PVE and has a growing community. We also run a 3x3 grid for mod testing and dev on configs c- a sandbox if you will - that's not open to play

Yes, its expensive to run. Myself and my fellow Admin colleagues are funding it and happy to do so to see if we can build up a good size community.

Check out our active Discord at Discord.gg/Nnufndd for much more information.

If anyone is interesting in collaborating and part funding then happy to discuss. DM me in discord via the server channel - Morgana