How can we alter the Game.ini to override the engram points/level?

• I can't seem to find a way to edit the Game.ini file.

What I want to do is add several lines of :

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=##

This will then allow me to adjust the number of skill points you get per level, which gets around the recent change which results in people getting too few skill points for small playerbases to be practical.

• Hi, I know ATLAS has an ARK flavor, but.....

Anyhow try adjusting these settings in the control panel.

• Hi Daenrys7,

No, it's a different setting.

The settings you've listed is just to change the max level you can reach and do not affect the number of engram points you get per level which is affected by a different setting called :

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=## (where ## is the number of skill points you get per level)

The above needs to be listed multiple time, once for each level like :

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=0 (number of engrams at level 1)

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=10 (number of engrams you get when you hit level 2)

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=10 (number of engrams you get when you hit level 3)

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=10 (number of engrams you get when you hit level 4)

and so on

• Howdy, I get it. You will have to search out the setting. I use Notepad++ when I'm editing my 7d2d files. It's probably in a file called configuration or progression. That's the best I can give you until I start fooling with those files. If you find it please post back, it will save us all:)

• Howdy, I get it. You will have to search out the setting. I use Notepad++ when I'm editing my 7d2d files. It's probably in a file called configuration or progression. That's the best I can give you until I start fooling with those files. If you find it please post back, it will save us all:)

It's in the thread title, it's the Game.ini file.

So I assume I just use FTP to download/upload the file?

Previous host had a built in config file editor. I'll use FTP once my server actually starts running. It's stuck in the start/stop loop at the moment waiting on my ticket to be handled.

• someone on the official forums said that the following in the Game.ini worked

1 line for each level and adjust the number at the end, I havent tested it myself but apparently other have had success

• This should work but it didn't when I tired it. I need to try it again, but it wasn't taking effect last time I tried. I might have made a mistake though as it was late at night :)

This is certainly how it SHOULD be though.

• This should work but it didn't when I tired it. I need to try it again, but it wasn't taking effect last time I tried. I might have made a mistake though as it was late at night :)

This is certainly how it SHOULD be though.

Trying it right now on my server, I'll post back about the results.

Hasn't worked so far.