When Unofficial server release Full map.

• When Unofficial server release Full map. now we all play on 1x1 home server.if not Full map like official .i think i will say goodbye for unofficial .hope G-Portal fixed it fast :(

• The problem with releasing the full map on unofficial servers is that the full map is actually made up of many servers linked together. If you played Ark, it's similar to how you could cluster together private servers and travel to them from the obelisks, except in Atlas you're just sailing to them instead of having to select them from a menu.

If G-Portal were to release the full map to us for the same price we pay, they'd be essentially giving away "servers" for free. It's possible they could work out some way to allow us to have the full map and we only pay for the slots, but I wouldn't bet on it. If they did, the price per slot would likely rise (which I am actually okay with if it meant we'd have the full map). This is, as far as I know, the same with the other server hosts as well. You could get the full map, but you'd have to pay a high price for it by buying more servers or by paying more per slot.

Personally, with the experience I've had with G-Portal, I'm happy to stay with them. Their servers have always been good and they have provided great customer support that I haven't found in other hosting companies. Whatever solution they come up with, I am confident it will be fair to both their business and to their customers.

So, for now, if you want access to the full map, Official servers will be your best option.

• I am also wondering about other server admins joining forces to add grids to servers. Half a dozen or so would at least see bigger play areas

Nitrado has gone this route, you can link up with other smaller hosts but you're basically giving up admin control of your own server then.

• Nitrado has gone this route, you can link up with other smaller hosts but you're basically giving up admin control of your own server then.

Hi Fam, Welcome to the G-Portal community Zeeski and Korrigan. Intriguing discussion. Though ATLAS bears a lot of similarities to ARK it seems as though this aspect of the game is what will make it unique. I noticed immediately that there isn't a co-op or single player option for ATLAS unlike 7 Days to Die, Empryion, ARK and others. Take care

• Uh sure, it'd be good if g-portal could offer something similar in the future.

Essentially you share a grid password with the home server and your maps are decided where they'll be placed and just added to the cluster.

I'm sure there are people here that'd be interested in pooling together and having a larger cluster rather than disparate clusters.

• GPortal has already stated, many times, that they will be offering the same ability to do expansion servers. They are working on it and will roll it out as soon as it is ready.

However if you want a full atlas world with the same exact map and distances between islands, then you will have to do the same thing that Grapeshot is doing, a 15x15 grid of servers. That is 225 servers. A home server + 224 expansion servers. I don't know exactly how much that would cost you but doing it through a server host would probably be thousands of dollars a month. Almost no one is going to do that.

You are better off designing a smaller custom map that you can run in like 10 grids or something. Then group up and get a few people to help with the costs.

Or self host your own servers.

• Uh sure, it'd be good if g-portal could offer something similar in the future.

Essentially you share a grid password with the home server and your maps are decided where they'll be placed and just added to the cluster.

I'm sure there are people here that'd be interested in pooling together and having a larger cluster rather than disparate clusters.

I certainly would be willing to do this with my server. I don't host my servers so I can "have the power" or so to speak. I just prefer playing survival games with smaller communities while also being able to weed out of the bad apples.

• We play for community and fun. In ark I am a builder, I build huge sprawling castles - or I experiment with design.

I think a group of like minded server owners could have fun, if it didn’t work well it didn’t work

• do we have an eta as to when we can add another tile? I'm losing people already to other servers that have multiple tiles. I am considering other hosts that can do this although I'd like to not do that since my other games we host are in g-portal currently

• This is the closest and most recent thing comparable to an ETA that I’ve seen. It was posted by BrafF on Thursday at 2:08am EST.

I know the devs are working hard and we are grateful. Hopefully we’ll get an update on things soon, even if it’s just a “thumbs up, things are looking good” or “thumbs down, may require more time to prepare”.

My group and I are waiting for another update so we can decide if we’re going to shelve Atlas for a bit until gportal is ready or if we’re able to wait it out on the already-stripped starting islands. Running low on things to do. :P

• Yep, I'm in the same boat.

Got brought a 3x3 server only to find that I'm stuck with just 1 server at the moment.

I hope we are credited back the days prior to them actually having the expansion servers. Otherwise I guess I should have gone with Nitrado. :/

• Yep, I'm in the same boat.

Got brought a 3x3 server only to find that I'm stuck with just 1 server at the moment.

I hope we are credited back the days prior to them actually having the expansion servers. Otherwise I guess I should have gone with Nitrado. :/

I think it has already been brought up, and yes the days will start anew.

• Currently linking up clusters with other users for a custom 5x5 map and then going even bigger... got one server here just to mess with the configs to see if I could link it to the nitrado servers.

• Currently linking up clusters with other users for a custom 5x5 map and then going even bigger... got one server here just to mess with the configs to see if I could link it to the nitrado servers.

When you work it out maybe you could send the admins here some notes about how to get their clusters to work

Unfortunately you can't edit the servgrid here, because GPortal resets the cluster configuration files back to default whenever the server starts up. So modifying the servergrid.json file to manually build a cluster won't work.