Atlas servers information

This thread is marked as resolved, please create a new thread.
  • You get less or more depending on how many servers you rent. The Atlas "world" is a grid of many servers all connected so that as you move from one grid to another in the game it hands you off to different servers.

For the full official map, Wildcard/Grapeshot has something like 100+ servers for each Atlas world. If you wanted to replicate the entire world the same way you would need to do the same.

Or you can rent just one or two servers and only have one or two grids active. Or more or less depending on what you want and what you want to spend.

What i'm curious about though is can a server handle different parts of the grid as you move around, so essentially shutting down serving one grid and starting to serve another grid. If everyone in my server is in the same grid all the time can they explore the whole map with just say 2 or 3 grid servers. In theory they should be able to but I don't think they built Atlas to work that way.

None of this has to do with GPortal though. It is all in how Atlas itself was designed.

• Wait, are you serious? Is this true? I will have to spend over 1000 a month to experience the whole map?

• Wait, are you serious? Is this true? I will have to spend over 1000 a month to experience the whole map?

Pretty much. and yes its true. Also that first sector you buy is considered a starter zone so you will not be able to level past 8 unless you purchase another server.

• Pretty much. and yes its true. Also that first sector you buy is considered a starter zone so you will not be able to level past 8 unless you purchase another server.

Could someone from G-Portal confirm this, if that's the case I can go ahead and nip this in the bud now

• Pretty much. and yes its true. Also that first sector you buy is considered a starter zone so you will not be able to level past 8 unless you purchase another server.

You can change the level cap if you want.

This isn't GPortal's fault, it is how Atlas is built. You can't run a game world this size on a single server.

• You can change the level cap if you want.

This isn't GPortal's fault, it is how Atlas is built. You can't run a game world this size on a single server.

Yea I would no way blame g-portal for any of this, alot of people are however buying servers thinking its the whole game and dont realize they have to change game files for a increased level cap and will only have one sector of a couple islands, unless they buy multiple sectors/servers.

• Could you direct me to where you seen this information as well. If this is the case i may have to reconsider

• I rented Two but how do they link up.

I submitted a ticket waiting on a answer will reply when I hear.

As far as I know the Developers haven't released that information yet. It is a future feature. If you do hear differently, please let us know. Take care.