Trouble setting up Insurgency: Sandstorm server

This thread is marked as resolved, please create a new thread.
  • We rented a server for 3 days to try it out. I can see the IP address from the G-portal screen with an IP address and port number. It indicates 10/10 slots used. Paid time 2 days, 22 hours remaining. Cloud status activated. But, I cannot join from within the game (Play-> Browse servers, enter IP address:port number). And, when I telnet to that address and port number, it times out, so evidently the port is not listening. Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

• PS I do see a message: Warning! Your server must be updated. Please restart the server for the update.

Not sure how to do that, though it would seem to be a good next step?

• I dont have a sandstorm server so the steps may be different but you should be able to go to "My Servers" > Choose your server > "Status" > Restart or Stop > Start

That being said, think you can tell me what settings/options you have on your own server?

Thanks in advance!

Payne

End Dream - GreenleafRP

• Yeah as Payne mentioned, if you get a message about having to update it before you can play the game, you simply Stop the server for like 2 minutes then Start. When you hit Start it should change over to 'Updating' message. Updates don't usually take longer than 5 minutes. I think the longest I've seen was like 10 minutes but that update was flippin huge.:)

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• Thanks. My newest issue is that when my ally bots or I get to an objective, we secure it immediately. Where can I change the time it takes to secure the objective?

• Hi, I dont own the game, so am unsure, but if you look in the control panel, basic settings, you will see under extended settings all the changes that can be made to your server. The settings have small explainations :-)

• the setting for "How long it takes to capture territorial objectives", says "varies" but no one else's server has an immediate secure and why doesn't it allow me to change it?

• the setting for "How long it takes to capture territorial objectives", says "varies" but no one else's server has an immediate secure and why doesn't it allow me to change it?