closing unresolved threads

• im about [email protected]#$#@ tired of you closing my threads while i still have a problem. i still havnt had my server found withoutjoining through website link. and i need to override the 60 piece max build on platform saddles

The post was edited 1 time, last by daenrys7: profanity ().

• I will have to agree that threads are quick to be locked around here. Ideally, they should be closed/marked as resolved when the OP himself confirm his issues to be solved or when a thread goes inactive. I wanted to add input into your other thread but I was unable to do so. Since you are raising the issue again, I will post it here. The issue is that the tooltip on the panel is wrong. For the "MaxPlatformSaddleStructureLimit" setting, the tooltip says: "How much structures, you can put on a platformsaddle" but that is not right. That setting control how many platform with structures built on them are allowed on the entire server. If it is set to 1, then you can only have 1 quetzal with a base on its back, if 2 then you can have 2, etc. That limit is global across the entire server; all tribes combined. To increase the amount of structures allowed on a single platform, you have to increase the "PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier" setting. If 1.0 is 60, then 2.0 will be 120, etc. So if for example you want 1,000 structures allowed, you would basically set it to (1000 / 60) = 16.66.

• Please watch the language. While things may be frustrating in games sometimes, there's no call for being vulgar.

As previously stated, there is a known break with the "MaxPlatformSaddleStructureLimit". You can try and make the changes mentioned above as Cible suggested, but chances are they may not work.

I am also stuck at 60 structures on the saddles as well. I've had the range from 1, 2,5,6,7,50000 and still only get 60 items on the saddle period.

I have a request out to ARK to see about finding a more solid answer and update, since maybe they did a fix on some recent updates. :/

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• As previously stated, there is a known break with the "MaxPlatformSaddleStructureLimit". You can try and make the changes mentioned above as Cible suggested, but chances are they may not work.

I am also stuck at 60 structures on the saddles as well. I've had the range from 1, 2,5,6,7,50000 and still only get 60 items on the saddle period.

As stated above, that setting do not control the amount of structures allowed to be built on a single platform. It controls the amount of platforms with structures built on them (mobile saddles, rafts, etc. that have bases built on them) allowed in the entire world. If you want to increase the amount of structures allowed to be built on the same platform, then you need the following in your GameUserSettings.ini:

Code
    1. [ServerSettings]
    2. PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=10

This will allow you to place 10 times more pieces on the same platform.

• okay NOW this is a discussion!:)

So here's the thing that doesn't make sense then Cible.....

You can make a change in the Basic settings to PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier and this will change the ServerSettings PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier to match once you've saved.

Now I've played with that a few times as well, but still nadda. I've tried all the ranges mentioned previously and I'm still not getting above 60 items on a platform saddle.

Know what's up with that:?:

• Okay going to test this tonight.

I just made the change to the file to make it 13. will reply with what I find later tonight.

• ill try that in a few when i get back on... what about the server not showing up issue. you can only join through the website so finding people to play with is impossible.

• Yeah at this time if you're doing ARK on PC or XBOX the only way I've found that works decently is to connect via Steam account. The steps are in the wiki pages listed above.

https://www.g-portal.us/wiki/A…_How_to_join_my_server%3F

I know it's something they are working on, but no ETA at this time.

I tested out the fix Cible mentioned, and I did get more than 60 structures on a platform saddle now but it capped out at 80 when I changed the proposed file from 1 to 13. Soooo I might have to play with this file a bit more. ;)

• I tested out the fix Cible mentioned, and I did get more than 60 structures on a platform saddle now but it capped out at 80 when I changed the proposed file from 1 to 13. Soooo I might have to play with this file a bit more. ;)

Hmm. That's weird behavior. Do you have "bAllowPlatformSaddleMultiFloors" set to True or to False? At least it increased, I guess. ?

• Yeah I have that set to True. I'll have to test some more over the next couple of days. This may be annoying to most others, but I love testing this kind of stuff out! :thumbsup: