my server says its full and the ping is 9999

This thread is marked as resolved, please create a new thread.
  • hello peoples my server is telling me that its full and that the ping is 9999 and i am very confused im not great on computers or server things but me friends and I are confused about this. please help...

• Okay I found an article that might help in regards to this whole ping thing. And yes, these ping issues get confusing and annoying fast....

What is the latency / ping?

In multiplayer online video games, ping refers to the network latency between a player's computer (client), and either the game server or another client. This could be reported quantitatively as an average time in milliseconds, or qualitatively as low ping or high ping. Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data.

Ping is often conflated with latency. High latency can cause lag. One may "lag out" due to unacceptably high ping. Servers will often disconnect a client if the ping is too high and it poses a detriment to others' gameplay. Similarly, client software will often mandate disconnection if the ping is too high. A high ping is not the result of lag; rather, a high ping causes lag. It may also make servers crash because of the instability.

Some factors that might affect ping include: network protocol engineering, Internet connection speed, the quality of a user's Internet service provider and the configuration of firewalls. Ping is also affected by geographical location. For instance, if someone is in India, playing on a server located in the United States, the distance between the two is greater than it would be for players located within the US, and therefore it takes longer for data to be transmitted.

Basically from this and other things I've checked into, it is basically looking like the packets being passed back and forth on the Conan Servers are moving so much, so fast, it doesn't always get an accurate reading, so it will display at the 9999 level, when in truth, you may be more like 50-90 range which is pretty decent still.

I would say that if you are experiencing rubber banding, lag (where you go to hit something and it gets missed or you just stop, etc), or get disconnects due to connection losses, then definitely submit a support ticket.

Also keep in mind, a LOT of games come out now as 'Early Access'. This usually means the connections are going to be rather bad for the first couple of years.

I hope this helps!

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza