Setup admin on Empyrion?

This thread is marked as resolved, please create a new thread.
  • Hello,

Bit confused on how to setup Admin controls on a private multiplayer server, any suggestions welcome. I tried going into the game files server side using smart FTP to add "adminconfig.yaml" however this is not working. Thanks in advance!

• Hi 012404, welcome to our forums. After you have uploaded the file server side, log into your gportal server control, under configuration files load your adminconfig.yaml. Let me know if you need further assistance and I will pull my adminconfig and you can compare. Take care.

• Heya, and ty for the swift reply! Still have some issues with setting up admin. my files is simple and is as follows:

---

# Admin Configuration

# This file can contain two lists: one with elevated players with special permissions

# and one with banned players.

# 'Id' is a SteamID64 in both lists, lookup possible at https://steamid.io/

# 'Permission' is 3 for 'GameMaster', 6 for 'Moderator' and 9 for 'Admin' - other values are not allowed.

# 'Until' is the time when the ban ends.

Elevated:

- Id: 765611980xxxxxxxx

Permission: 9

• This:

---

# Admin Configuration

# =========================================================

# === PLEASE RENAME TO adminconfig.yaml TO BE EFFECTIVE ===

# =========================================================

# This file can contain two lists: one with elevated players with special permissions

# and one with banned players.

# 'Id' is a SteamID64 in both lists, lookup possible at https://steamid.io/

# 'Permission' is 3 for 'GameMaster', 6 for 'Moderator' and 9 for 'Admin' - other values are not allowed.

# 'Until' is the time when the ban ends.

Elevated:

- Id: 765611981XXXXXXX # put the correct SteamID64 here

Permission: 3 # make this user a GameMaster, for example

• Make sure you use Notepad++ and watch your spacing because it matters. Make sure you load and save in your gportal server control panel. It should appear under Configuration Files.

• It works, I re-installed my Empyrion server to ensure I was giving you the correct instruction.

Stop your Server. Use FileZilla to transfer your adminconfig.yaml from your PC to the Saves folder of your G-Portal server files. The adminconfig should look like the one above, you can put in additional steamids to give mod permissions to other users. Once you have transferred your file, disconnect from FTP. Go to your G-Portal server configuration files and load the file you just transferred. It probably appears in the configuration file tab like this ->\saves\adminconfig.yaml. Save and restart.

To validate that it worked, log into your server and press the ~ type gm im or tele those are all elevated commands. Take care, let me know if it doesn't work for you and we will continue to troubleshoot.