Current DayZ admin commands

This thread is marked as resolved, please create a new thread.
  • Ive found admin commands for DayZ from 2014 and theyre about the most recent I can find. Anyone have any tips on how to make a server more interesting by just running a server here at G-portal?

• Well to make a server more interesting on any server rental it takes a lot of finesse honestly.

You can have millions of admin functions to a game in a server and still have it be really boring and disinteresting.

My suggestion would be, is to get familiar with the game completely with layouts and functions then design your game realms with rule sets.

This will take a LOT of research on other boards to see what is interesting to the majority and design the rules based on feedback from other players.

Post these rules for the game world to see and advertise it where ever you may.

Make sure the rules are understood and clearly outlined in the message boards and even in the game if it has a message board of some sort.

This will ensure you have a game that is interesting to others and attract players to join in on your server and play the game with the rules you've set and enforce.

Before long you will likely have to make someone else an admin to help maintain your room because of all the players you will have.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• All true Gorgrak, I'm learning to mod 7d2d game files. The developer's tool set should be available for DayZ. Start there and yes google is a great resource for searching out answers and ideas. Modding things like the UI, skills, and adding in unique equipment does make the games more interesting.

• Hello and welcome to GPortal forums. I haven't played DayZ so I don't have the answer. From different places I have researched you will have to use RCON and login with your admin password. I will keep looking for a more definitive answer. Take care.

• CommandExampleDescription#login IFZEOYKR

• #login adminPW

Admin log out#restart

Restart mission#reassign

Start over and reassign roles#shutdown

Shuts down the server#init

Reload server config file loaded by –config option#exec ban (name, ID or Player#)

<May not be available in DayZSA>

• #exec ban nickName
    • #exec ban 47114712
    • #exec ban 3

Allows you to ban a player. Their ID will be added to the ban.txt#kick (name, ID or Player#)

• #kick nickName
    • #kick 47114712
    • #kick 3

Allows you to kick a player#monitor (interval in sec)

• #monitor 1

Shows performance information of the server. Interval 0 means to stop monitoring#debug off

• #debug off

Disables debbuging.#debug (interval in sec)

• #debug 30

Default interval is 10 seconds.#debug (command) (param)

• #debug checkFile expansion\Dta\ui.pbo
    • #debug userSent <username>
    • #debug userInfo <username>
    • #debug userQueue <username>
    • #debug JIPQueue <username>
    • #debug totalSent 10

The available commands are:

• checkFile
    • userSent
    • userInfo
    • userQueue
    • totalSent
    • JIPQueue

Each command command can be disabled by off instead parameter e.g. '#debug userSent off'

Each command differs bit some output to screen, some to log file etc.

You need some debugger capable of catching OutputDebugString running on the client machine

(one very small and easy to use is available at SysInternals website.

You launch this debugger, you launch ARMA client, connect to the server, issue any of commands

#debug (command)

• #debug von
    • #debug console

The available commands are:

• Console
      • send to submitter what's on server console , works as DebugAnswer for all writes into the console
    • von
      • outputs into logFile defined in server.cfg as e.g. logFile = "server_console.log";

Each of those commands should show a confirmation in the chat channels

Read more here: https://support.multiplay.co.u…249844-day-z-server-admin

HOW DO YOU ACCESS ADMIN COMANDS IN GAME/?/

You can find out here! http://bfy.tw/KoUL

If this helps give me a:thumbsup: and thanks :)

• Very nice man! Thanks for these!

yeah n/p

There is a Mod called DayZ Standalone Vanilla++ project on Github that adds even more Admin Commands that can be ran in chat in-game "/command xxxx" ... I am working on how to add it on to my server hosted here but this last update is giving me issue with my server not showing up even after a re-install but when I get it working I will post a how to in the dayz forum.

If this post helps give me a :thumbsup:

Disclaimer:

I do not work for or associated with G-Portal other than hosting a server here, if any of my information incorrect I do apologize.

Always backup your server before performing anything to your server or files.

• Thanks Fmslick. That's how we do it, I love tinkering with modding but the games are coming faster than I can get stuff figured out. So I am glad you are here and helping the community. Take care

• Thanks Fmslick. That's how we do it, I love tinkering with modding but the games are coming faster than I can get stuff figured out. So I am glad you are here and helping the community. Take care

You're welcome daenrys7 & i am new to modding and the server for dayz (most are at this point) but I have ran other servers before with mods. So this one is just another learning curve :thumbsup:

The only issue I am having is that I can't edit the startup command lines and the mod DayZ Standalone Vanilla++ requires to add "-mod=ModdedScripts -config=NameOfFolderFromStep1\serverDZ.cfg -profiles=NameOfFolderFromStep1 -name=myServerNam" to the startup lines. On my test server from steam I have got it to work and even removed most of that line to see what I need and don't need.

The other thing is the way the file tree is here vs the file tree from the steam server tool, they are not the same and well that is to be expected however its coming to the point to where I am needing some help lol

I made another post about this so we don't hijack this one anymore, You can find the other post here--> Issue With The Mod DayZ Vanilla++ Mission by DaOne

If this post helps give me a :thumbsup:

Disclaimer:

I do not work for or associated with G-Portal other than hosting a server here, if any of my information incorrect I do apologize.

Always backup your server before performing anything to your server or files.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fmslick ().