Granny's having trouble with this newfangled technology!

• Let me first say that I have never done well with Forums. That said, I have a number by the forums tab that tell me I have unread messages, but when I click on it and try to go to the post to find it I seem to get lost. Why doesn't it give an option to go directly to the messages I need to read? If it does it how ? I realize it may be super simple to young folks and all but this granny has trouble navigating the system and find the replies to my posts I so much want to read.

Thank you.

• Well welcome to the forums!

Thank you kindly for the feedback!

Yeah so if you are talking about the Notification Bell image along the top, I can see how that might be confusing at first. I was kind of in the same boat as you at first, but then tinkering around with things it became clear how they have this one setup.

I'm no spring chicken, but I'm not falling apart yet either. Almost. Getting there though. ;)

Normally if you click the bell image it should show you a series of Notifications

So if you click on that image of a bell it should give you a drop down

This will be how you can go directly to the thread you brought up and mentioned in the forums.

Once you get the hang of this it can go a lot faster.

Another thing you can do also is go into your profile.

When you click on your avatar image and go into your Profile, there is a full list of your recent activities that you can scroll through and check on the items you've been working on in that fashion as well.

I know things can seem overwhelming sometimes with how people design apps and screens today, but take your time, play with it, and by all means, never feel that any question is dumb or stupid. I live by the motto, "The only dumb question is the one NOT asked."

I hope this all helps you out so you have an easier time of things, but if not, let us know, and we will try our best to help you out! :thumbsup:

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• So, how do I get the notifications to go away? The only way I seem to get the notifications number to go down is to go through each and every comment, related to me or not and open then close them, then the notifications number goes down. Seems I'm getting notified on posts I did not comment on nor have I opened them before. Still not finding anything indicating which thread exactly the notification is for. Too time consuming to go through all the posts, comments and such just to find notifications to posts I have never seen before.

Isn't there an easier way?