Very disappointed in response time

• I am very disappointed in the response time of customer support. It should never take 5+ hours to get any kind of response when a ticket has been submitted. This is the second time that we have had a server issue and customer support is lacking in response time. When I decided to choose G-Portal I was hoping for the great customer service that they claim to have. So far not impressed at all. 50 slots paid for a full year. I hope the rest of the year does not prove to be a disappointment too :/

• Well now that is another issue. Me and my husband are the ones that have those slots. The slots were paid for under his account. I can not submit a ticket, nope can not. I can do anything else with the servers, but have tried to submit a ticket and it will not let me. He was up early before work this morning and was able to get the server to reboot and get the update. btw the ticket is

ID Title Topic Status Created Processed
    019047 Server didn't reboot Ark: Survival Evolved PC Answered 15.06.2018 - 02:14 15.06.2018 - 10:09

As you can see it took 8 hours for a response.

• Hi Silver Star,

Standard response time in the gaming industry is from 24-48 hours. IMHO 5 hrs is way awesome! Take care.:)

Agreed. I had to wait 24 hours in order to get my battle.net account back, and that was on several attempts. When tickets are coming in rapidly, which I imagine they do, and from across the globe, things take time. 5-10 hours is definitely a prompt response in my book. I've waited much longer.

Very good advice. :) Cheers!

Cheers,

devilfish79

Casual Gamers Collective

• Thank you for the feedback SilverStar! :)

I apologize though for any delays you guys experienced and know it is highly annoying.

G-Portal really does appreciate constructive feedback like this so they can make improvements and do better for the customers.

I've mentioned this in other threads like this, but there really are other companies like this, that have left their customers hanging on for issues over a month and all the fix was, was resetting the server! ^^

I think the longest I've ever had to wait was MAYBE 8 hours for a fix. I have seen some that had a 12 hour wait, but that was also when they try to install over 300 more slots for working servers.

I am confident the teams will get you going quickly so you can play quickly as well! :)

Well now that is another issue. Me and my husband are the ones that have those slots. The slots were paid for under his account. I can not submit a ticket, nope can not. I can do anything else with the servers, but have tried to submit a ticket and it will not let me. He was up early before work this morning and was able to get the server to reboot and get the update. btw the ticket is

ID Title Topic Status Created Processed
    019047 Server didn't reboot Ark: Survival Evolved PC Answered 15.06.2018 - 02:14 15.06.2018 - 10:09

As you can see it took 8 hours for a response.

Gorgrak - Master of Destruction by eating lots of pizza

• Thanks for your response Gorgrak. I do want to say that I am pleased with the way the servers run. We hosted thru a different provider before moving to G-Portal and I will tell you G-Portals servers are a wonderful choice. I do hope that in the future they can 'step up a notch' on response time when a customer is having an issue.

• HI,

Just wanted to post my opinion, i moved to Gportal already had the amazing help from the support team. the host i was in was taking 1 hour or more to reboot my server with or without a mod updates. On Gportal takes 5 minutes max. as for the answer time, this host was the fastest to answer my tickets . Every other host takes more then 5 hours or more .

• I'm really confused I paid for server for Ark my credit card was charged and now it's been 2 days and still now game play very disappointing..

I would most definitely like this to be address or my money back!

• I'm really confused I paid for server for Ark my credit card was charged and now it's been 2 days and still now game play very disappointing..

I would most definitely like this to be address or my money back!

You need to submit a Support Ticket if you have technical difficulties with your account or have billing questions or concerns.

• To add on to Cible's post:

In order to get any kind of refund they need personal account details authorizing the refund. They also need a ticket so they can credit your account for any time lost while fixing any issue.

If you rent a server and it takes say even 10 days(which is not usually the case, most issues are fixed in under a couple hours) you submit a ticket and voila! they credit your server rental for the 10 days! ^^

G-Portal does their best to make sure you get the full time you paid for to play, and play, and play, rinse and repeat until you're completely vegged:evil:(yet sooooo satisfying!)

If you need further assistance with things though, don't hesitate to ask though!:)

• Hi Silver Star,

Standard response time in the gaming industry is from 24-48 hours. IMHO 5 hrs is way awesome! Take care.:)

I can't speak on the entire gaming industry but I can comment on game server hosting companies. I have been running one to two servers for around 5 years now with other companies. I have had servers with atleast 5 different hosts over the years. Usually my go to is Survival Servers. They respond within 30 minutes every time I need support. Nitrado responds to my requests for help within one hour.

Not sure how long it takes gportal to respond but if 24/48 is considered the norm by gportal then that will without a doubt be an issue for me.

Not complaining here just commenting.

Here is the thing...if I submit a ticket, I'd be happy just to get a response telling me its being looked into....instead of no response at all or one many hours later. Just let us know you see it and will work on it. That alone puts me into cool down mode and I feel like the host cares.

• Please allow me to clarify and add on a bit.

I too have been doing server rentals for the past several years with various companies.

Nitrado never responded to tickets for mine, so after a month of being ignored, left. And mind you, I never ranted or raged in my tickets. I do tech support for my day job, so i know best thing is break down the issue with as much detail as possible so the techies can work it quickly and efficiently.

One thing I have to say with G-Portal that impressed me, was they really do try to get to people in under 2 hours. What people seem to miss, is when something gets rolled out, and things blow up, response times can go down. They're trying to fix the server issues, install patches, install new hardware, install new software, test everything then start back at square one sometimes, etc, etc,

G-Portal has been doing their best at finding to get to every ticket submitted. If they see a lot of incomplete tickets, or things are not clearly explained, that could delay things.:thumbup:

When rental groups in general get a ticket that's just saying 'My server don't work'. Okay that bites. We all know this bites. Now, what is it not doing? what is it doing? what have you tried to get it working? what errors are you seeing? are others seeing the same thing? People need to start going through questions like these so they can bring that to whichever rental company they are using so things can be resolved a lot quicker. Otherwise it will delay fixing things for people in general. And you'd be surprised how many tickets get submitted that are not going to let them resolve the issue any time soon.;)

G-Portal is looking at options as we speak though to make sure tickets are answered in a more timely fashion. But if anyone still feels like they are not getting answered, us Moderators will try to help how we can, but we don't have the kinds of accesses to look into the accounts themselves. We just give advice, and try to keep the forums a bit tidy. If someone feels they are not getting an issue addressed, they are most welcome to PM myself or daenrys7 and we will happily assist how we can, or forward things over to the techies for you as well.:) Don't blast us too much though please. If we go too many it might actually be 24-48 before there's a response, but we will be flagged and reply once we are able to view it.:)