Maintenance again??

This thread is marked as resolved, please create a new thread.
  • I want to start by saying I helped with a server through G-portal previously and we had very few problems (and the ones we did were resolved by themselves without ever having to send a ticket). But since starting my server this time, which I opened on June 6, I have had many MANY issues. I have sent in two tickets already and may need to send in a third now. I'm writing here in hopes that perhaps it is something I am doing wrong so that issues can be avoided in the future.

For the second time, my server is under "maintenance". I can not do anything with it, and I already had to send a ticket earlier today for another issue. Before then, since opening, any time I try to edit my .ini files I have to reload the page up to 6 times (sometimes more) before I even get them in the drop down to select them. Sometimes even my basic editing options do not show up, and I only have blank boxes. I did think it was my own connection or something at first, but the other admin who is helping me is also having these issues.

Is there something I am doing wrong that my server keeps breaking like this?

I have loved G-portal services in the past but this time I am getting extremely frustrated with the fact that I can't even use the server I'm paying for myself, let alone invite others to join me.

• Bunni,

I'm sorry that you're having these issues. I, too, have an ARK server but I'm not having the "maintenance" issue. Are you renting a West server, by chance?

Cheers,

devilfish79

Casual Gamers Collective

• I have an East server.
    I did submit a ticket and I was told there seems to be an underlying issue and it is being worked on. As expected, the response was fast and my faith is restored a bit! I have just been very confused and wondering if there was something that I had done to effectively "break" the server so that I wouldn't do it again! I came here for my server because I was pleased with services before, so it was/is extremely frustrating to have these issues now.

• I have an East server.
    I did submit a ticket and I was told there seems to be an underlying issue and it is being worked on. As expected, the response was fast and my faith is restored a bit! I have just been very confused and wondering if there was something that I had done to effectively "break" the server so that I wouldn't do it again! I came here for my server because I was pleased with services before, so it was/is extremely frustrating to have these issues now.

Completely understand! I've definitely been there a few times, not with Gportal, but other companies back in the day. Sometimes things on the back-end throw us for loops and constantly have us bashing our heads, but in the end, it's not actually us. As long as you seek to troubleshoot all avenues, then you're doing all that can be done on your end.

I'm glad that it is being worked and that your faith has been restored a bit. :)

Cheers,

devilfish79

Casual Gamers Collective